Crystal globe closes out the 2017-18 season
Both for Alpine Skiing and Ski Cross the season has come to a close...
In Are (SWE), the men as well as the women met for the last race of the season. In the first race, our athletes showed strong performances. Viktoria Rebensburg took fourth and Jasmine Flury was fifth in the Women’s Downhill on Wednesday. On Thursday, Vicky landed on the podium in the Super-G in second place even. Among the men, our five-time Junior World Champion Marco Odermatt in particular performed very well. In the Downhill as well as in the Super-G, he was able to score World Cup points, which resulted in a Top-15 finish (12th, Downhill, and 11th, Super-G).
The crowning glory for Stöckli and Viktoria Rebensburg, however, happened on Sunday. Despite being forced to cancel the last Giant Slalom race of the season, Vicky secured the Crystal Globe for the third time in her career given to the best Giant Slalom skier of the winter. Sensational, Vicky!
In Ski Cross, the final in Megève was unfortunately canceled due to bad weather. Fanny Smith therefore landed in 2nd place in the overall World Cup standings. Super!
This means the 2017-18 winter season has now officially come to an end. Stöckli and its athletes can look back proudly on all of their superior achievements and look forward to next season.
Season highlights, Alpine Skiing:
- 1 Crystal globe, Giant Slalom (V. Rebensburg)
- 4 World Cup victories (V. Rebensburg, J. Flury)
- 11 World Cup podium finishes (V. Rebensburg, M. Hrovat, A. Bucik, J. Flury)
- 6 Golds, Junior World Championships (M. Odermatt, M. Hrovat)
- 1 Silver, Junior World Championships (M. Hrovat)
Season highlights, Ski Cross:
- 1 Bronze in South Korea (F. Smith)
- 5 World Cup victories (F. Smith, A. Fiva, C. Delbosco, J. Lenherr)
- 12 World Cup podium finishes (F. Smith, A. Fiva, J. Lenherr, I. Sherret)